Above the period of 10 years, a leading healthcare solution provider had been through merger and acquisition periods integrating the offerings of the companies acquired into their profession. Although, this garnered their business value offerings to the customers and broadened their market reach, it internally added to a disparate assortment of backend data sources varying across: MS-Access, Oracle, SQL Server, etc. Similarly for the front end credit reporting needs, client uses multiple tools i. e. Electricity Builder, MS – Examine, Cognos and SAS. fusionex
The key business challenges were:
– The current Data warehouse solution needs to be examined and re-architected, considering recent and future business requirements.
– Currently, there are a variety resources that are centered in making reports for various customers of consumer. Due to the current data warehouse design, barbaridad data sources and other unknown technical dependencies, time taken by these industry analysts is significant to create the reports, thereby increasing the price tag on conducting business.
– The consumption of current BI/ DWH tools have to be examined and if required to be consolidated. The goal is to make use of those tools that are definitely more pertinent to the business need, thus reducing maintenance costs.
– Help to identify and automate overall ETL, OLAP and reporting process is a key factor as this will help to reduce manual dependencies, cause less human error and you will be a good scalable strategy to similar or repetitive confirming needs from customers.
– Other challenge of providing timely delivery of reviews to customers, due to complex internal environment installation and dependencies on exterior and internal data nourishes can be eliminated or minimized.
A Organization Needs assessment includes an analysis of the root business drivers and aims and overall context of business need which has been founded for the client’s Info Warehouse. When small business have been defined, the assessment process examines the approach to capturing business requirements, their completeness, the priorities of the requirements, and alignment of the data warehouse release strategy and deliverables to the needs.
The team conducted a high level evaluation as follows:
– Interview with various Stakeholder i. e. Leadership team, Organization subject matter experts, Technological material experts, Infrastructure and IT, Business end users.
– Assessment of current technical architecture.
– Evaluation of organizational and structure readiness to aid value openness initiatives including key spaces.
– Assessment of cost/value improvement opportunities.
– Advice of high-level architecture and strategy to support described information needs.