A person Resources Executive as a member of top management must figure out what policies, programs, practices, and approaches will contribute most to the realization of the organization objectives. This means that in the new role he or she must be in charge of initiating and implementing-at all levels of management-the best use of the human assets. HR Services Waltham Abbey
The main function of the human resources position is to make a major contribution to the development and realization of the organization short-term and long-range objectives while enabling each employee to build up to the fullest extent of his potential. This requires a catalyst and business effectiveness consultant as contrasted with the traditional role of the personnel director.
With one of these ideas in mind, the position of the vice-president-human resources might be defined in this way. He reports to the president. His broad function is to formulate, recommend, and put into action policies, procedures, and strategies to assure the most effective planning, recruitment, selection, utilization, motivation, development, and compensation of the organization human resources; contribute to the development and achievement of the business long-range and short-term objectives by initiating and implementing employee relations practices that will permit and encourage each employee to realize his personal goals while maximizing his contribution to business effectiveness; provide for the resolution of management problems and the recognition of opportunities through revolutionary approaches to human resources management.
The principal obligations of the human resources executive are these:
– Formulate and recommend individual resource objectives for inclusion in the organization overall objectives.
– Identify the possible contribution of good human resource management to organizational objectives.
– Identify management problems that can be resolved and opportunities that can be realized through improved performance in human resource management.
– Formulate, recommend, and implement employee relations guidelines designed to improve individual efficiency, job satisfaction, and success.
– Make managers aware of their full duties in the management of the human resources entrusted to them.
– Supply the necessary tools, techniques, and methods which foster the development of a business climate good to employee innovation and development.
– Establish the necessary procedures and procedures for human resource manager} planning, recruitment, selection, utilization, inspiration, development, and compensation. Make sure that these are incorporated into every manager job performance evaluation.